Official Edgar Rice Burroughs Tribute Site
Since 1996 ~ Over 10,000 Webpages & Webzines in Archive
41. JET-POWERED THIEVES: The deafening roar of the huge plane terrified the jungle people. As Tarzan raced to the scene he was met by a hail of bullets. The Ape-Man called for his animal friends to help meet this unknown jet-age danger. Tarzan knew the jungle would not be safe until these strangers were defeated.
42. DIVE TO DANGER: Racing against time, Tarzan plunged from the government land survey plane toward the river below. He hoped to land between the boat and the ocean preventing the pirates from escaping. Surprise was his best weapon.
43. VINES OF DEATH: The clutching tentacles of the man-eating plant tore at Tarzan's straining muscles as he shouted his jungle cry. As the last strength flowed from him, Tarzan heard the answering call of his friend Tantor, the elephant. Help would now come quickly!
44. KILL OR BE KILLED: As he swam against the ocean currents, Tarzan was attacked by a huge shark. His lungs bursting for air, Tarzan struck at the leathery hide of the giant sea killer. He was almost lost as he killed the monster and shot to the surface far above and swam on to safety.
45. MADMAN'S MACHINE: Tarzan, stunned from behind and captured, awoke in the underground laboratory of the mad Dr. Fargo. Feeling a mysterious ray draining his strength, Tarzan, in a last desperate effort, snapped his bonds and grabbed the crazed scientist. The Ape-Man turned the criminal over to the law.
46. SENTENCED TO DEATH: The evil queen looked down upon Tarzan, the only man who dared to oppose her, "DEATH," she shouted as the Lord of the Jungle struggled against his captors. Tarzan prepared to send out his echoing jungle call for help. The Ape-Man knew his faithful Indian friends would reach him in time.
47. BATTLE IN THE CLOUDS: Surrounded, the assassin climbed into the basket of an experimental gas-filled balloon. Tarzan leaped for a rope and climbed aboard. In a brief, violent fight the Ape-Man knocked out the murderer as the balloon soared peacefully over the jungle.
48. SQUEEZE PLAY: Slowly, Tarzan's desperate tugging loosened the paralyzing pressure of the giant squid's tentacles. At the very entrance of the monster's watery cave, the Ape-Man tore free, thrashed to the surface, and gasped the fresh air just in time. Tarzan had survived another long struggle.
49. BATTLE IN THE BUCKET: With the boy, Jai, held in the mine as a hostage, the diamond thief hid in the scoop of the huge steam shovel. Cheetah, Tarzan's pet chimp, grabbed the controls and lowered the scoop. The Ape-Man leaped in and disarmed the criminal.
50. TOPPLED TYRANT:
After sneaking by the guards, Tarzan made a desperate lunge for the leader of the slave traders. As the criminal fell before the King of the Jungle's mighty attack, so ended his slave empire. All the freed slaves became Tarzan's friends!
COMICS INTRO | BANNER 1 | BANNER 2 | BANNER 3 | BANNER 4 | BANNER 5 | BANNER 6 | BANNER 7 | BANNER 8 | BANNER 9 | BANNER 10
The Worlds of Edgar Rice Burroughs
Bill and Sue-On Hillman Eclectic Studio
Some ERB Images and Tarzan© are Copyright ERB, Inc.- All Rights Reserved.
All Original Work ©1996-2008/2013 by Bill Hillman and/or Contributing Authors/Owners
No part of this web site may be reproduced without permission from the respective owners.