FROM THE FILM SCREEN CAPTURES
from the ERBzine Silver Screen Page 0591
1. Tarzan and the golden lion.
2. In the middle of the jungle in a still mysterious area
in equatorial Africa...
3. was found the shelter of a bold explorer...
4. The war tribe of the Wazari celebrated the capture of a big bear.
5. "Where is the chief?" "Mister Tarzan is in the jungle with
the lion Jab"
6. Explorer Lord Greystoke, who impressed the Wazari because of
his boldness, was chosen as their chief and he was called Tarzan: the friend
of the wild animals.
7. Lion Jab, whom Tarzan had tamed with patience, had given him
back both loyalty and obedience like a little dog.
8. "Do you hear me? our friend Jab appeared to us as a wandering
stranger, the way he looked like..."
9. After long years of slavery explorer John Gordon, who had
succeeded in misleading the guards, who had to guard those, who were captured,
wandered exhausted in the area of Tarzan. Tarzan kills the lion that attacked
10. "Return to that old man, and offer him your apologies..."
"Retourne pres de ce vieillard, et demande lui pardon..." Tarzan
picks up Gordon and carries him to his home.
11. Escorted by some warriors, Lady Greystoke, accompanied with
the most beloved sister of Tarzan, came to find back her husband.."
12. Jane, Lady Greystoke; Betty Greystoke, Tarzan's sister. Jack
Bradley, Tarzan's friend and mate during several expeditions through the
13. "Don't you think, Betty, that Jack is a charming fellow?"
14. "We won't hesitate to meet Tarzan. As far as I know him, don't
be surprised, when he will appear to us in the... national dress of the
15. After they had ensured themselves of the rich prize Awaza, who
went over from the Wazari tribe, a group of plunderers went to the house
16. Esteban Miranda, their chief; John Peebles, his lieutenant.
Awaza, who once had tried to organize a revolt together with the Wazari
warriors against the power of Tarzan, had been chased away from the
17. "The trip has been long enough for today: we will camp here".
18. "Let us go and meet Lady Tarzan and my sister".
19. "While we are waiting for the moment, that we can capture the
riches of Mister Tarzan, here we already have a prize, which, I think,
cannot be despised..."
20. "Stay here, I'll talk to them..."
21. "And when I raise my hand, attack..."
22. "I made a mistake...I thought it was Tarzan..."
23. "My honor, ladies...the jungle does not often have the honor
to receive such attractive travellers: didn't you get lost...?"
24. "Not at all: I am going to join my husband again. No doubt
you will know him: Lord Greystoke...Tarzan." After arguing with Jack, Estaban
is thrown out of camp; he has the natives attack...They cross the river
and there is a lot of gunfire... Tarzan and the Waziri arrive in time and
fight off the bad guys...
Tarzan is reunited with Jane...
25. While waiting for the right moment for the plundering, that
he planned, Esteban had built his camp close to Tarzan's residence".
26. Strengthened, attended, full of confidence, Gordon told a strange
story to his new friends...
27. (Tarzan and Jane listen to Gordon) "Ten years ago I was
captured by the Tangani, people from the mountains, that adjoin the jungle..."
28. "This temple was built above a surprising rich diamond mine,
where they forced me to work together with some other prisoners..."
29. "Here Jab..." He is rather nervous tonight...
There sure must be foreigners quite close..."
30. (Estaban is outside overhearing Gordon talk about diamonds)"The
bag full of diamonds, that I bring with me, proves to you, that I don't
31. "The great priest, who had noticed, that I knew the stones,
has put me into a room, where thousands of gems were collected..."
32. "A little later I could escape through a bed of a brook, that
33. "In the morning Jab was still nervous..."
34. While he trusted the instinct of the wild animal, Tarzan got
worried, called together his warriors and left for a drive...
35. "Yesterday I heard your story about the Temple of the Diamonds.
If you love your life you'd better take me there..."
36. "I'll take you there as a hostage: if this man will betray us,
you will die first..."
37. "On their trip, Esteban's man had sacrified one of Tarzan's
38. "Gobu, who has killed your brother?"
39. "Too bad, poor Gobu would have loved to answer..."
40. I am your friend, Gobu: his death will be avenged..."
41. "This arrow belongs certainly to those we are looking for..."
42. "I go after them with Jab, that Burton follow me with his warriors..."
43. On the high rock cliffs that dominate the jungle, raises the
Temple of Diamonds, Tangani's pride.
44. Childish and superstitious, Tanganis obeyed to a few astute
white people who called themselves Sons of the Sun.
45. Numa, the sacred Lion of Tanganis,
46. the Giant Raisoul portrayed the parts of Great Priest and Sorcerer
the most ever seriously.
47. Tanganis adored Mha, that is, God of Sun, Fire and Light.
48. Suddenly, the ground shaked, a deep fissure was opened under
the petrified warriors.
49. "Great Priest, rescue us, cast out the anger of God ..."
50. "O Mha, Mighty God, appease your anger..."
51. "Make us know a sacrifice worthy of you..."
52. Under Gordon's lead, Esteban arrived at the feet of the cliffs...
53. "I tell you the truth, we must climb the cliffs to find the
54. Betty understood that Gordon searched to win some time to let
55. "You will climb first..."
56. On the crest of cliffs, some apes dressed specially were acting
57. "Give the alert...strangers want to enter the temple."
58. "Mha grants our prayer : He sends us a sacrifice worthy of him"
59. "Catch the woman alive... she will be sacrified by Lion Numa..."
60. "Look out... rescue us...."
61 "Mha will be satisfied..."
62. "Prepare the woman for the sacrifice..."
63. "I know Tanganis' habits : when the sun is at its zenith, they
will sacrifice your sister..."
64. "This old bandit has tricked us, he shows the way to Tarzan
65. "You'll follow the banks of the Torrent until you find the fissure
in the rock..."
66. "Go and find the warriors, bring them to me..."
67. "Cloak yourself with the skin of the panther we killed this
morning, he will take you for Tarzan..."
68. "You're right, his injury has weakened him too much for him
to see the difference."
69. "This is Jab ... let's follow him, he will lead us to Tarzan..."
70. The great priest had announced that Betty would be given to
the sacred Lion when the sun would cover entirely the crown of destiny."
71. the drums of death.
72. The time of the sacrifice came closer...
73. "Mighty Numa ... soon the god of fire will cover the crown of
destiny : then the sacrifice will be done..."
74. "Tarzan ... Burton."
75. Only the servants of the Great Priest could assist to the sacred
76. In front of the temple, the gathered warriors waited until the
sacrifice was done...
77. Frigthened by the sound of explosions Tanganis put up a weak
resistance......But Tarzan arrived in time to rescue Betty... The leader
of the Tanganis commited suicide by stabbing himself with the ritual knife...
The high Priest captured Betty again to continue the sacrifice... ...but
Jab came to her rescue and killed the High Priest... Betty looks on in
horror.... Esteban and his men find the treasure room...
79. "By the Judas of supervision, Jab saw the man that his
master had pursued vainly..."
80. "Now, diamonds are ours : Esteban will no longer annoy us."
81. "Burton... Burton."
82. "Look at Jab... He seizes the throne... Why would you not do
the same ...."
83. "Viva Tarzan... Viva the King of the Jungle..."
To see the screen captures plus French translations
accompanying the above text visit:
William Armstrong's Tarzan and the Golden Lion: ERBzine
0640 and ERBzine